The Common Minimum Program of the Maha Vikas Aghadi (NCP-Congress-Shiv Sena alliance) has just been released. In the preamble, the CMP says, The alliance partners commit to uphold the secular values enshrined in the Constitution. On the contentious issue of national importance as well as of state importance especially having repercussions/consequences on the secular fabric of the nation, the Shiv Sena, the NCP and the Congress will take a joint view after holding consultations and arriving at a consensus.
The CMP promises immediate loan waiver for farmers and jobs top agenda.
The CMP is broadly divided into 10 topics, which include:
1) Provide immediate assistance to the farmers who are suffering due to premature rains and floods
2) Immediate loan waiver will be granted to farmers.
3) Crop Insurance scheme shall be revised to ensure immediate compensation to the farmers who have lost their crops
4) We shall undertake appropriate measures to ensure remunerative prices for farm produce.
5) Adequate steps shall be initiated for the construction of sustainable water supply system for the drought affected areas.
1) The process of filling all the vacant posts in the State Government shall be initiated immediately
2) A fellowship shall be provided for educated unemployed youth.
3) A law shall be enacted to ensure 80 percent reservation in jobs for local/domicile youth.
1] Womens safety shall be the highest priority for this Government.
2) Girls from economically weaker section shall be given free education.
3) Working women hostels shall be constructed at the cities and district headquarters.
4) Honorarium shall be increased and service facilities shall be augmented for Anganwadi Sevikas / Asha workers.
5) Womens Savings (Self Help Groups) Group shall be strengthened with a focus on womens empowerment.
1) All the measures shall be undertaken to increase the standard of the education in the State.
2] Children of farm laborers and students belonging to economically weaker section shall receive education loan at zero percent interest rate.
1) To improve roads in the urban areas a scheme on the pattern of the Chief Minister Gram SadakVojana, shall be implemented. Separate financial provision shall be made to improve the road quality in Nagar Panchayats, Municipal Councils and Municipal Corporations.
2) The Coalitions Government shall provide, Mumbai and rest of Maharashtra, tenements of 500 sq feet carpet area free of cost to the eligible slum dwellers under the slum Rehabilitation Programme instead of the 300 sq. feet tenements presently being provided and best infrastructure and basic amenities will also be provided.
1) To ensure good and affordable healthcare for all citizens One Rupee clinic will be launched at the taluka level facilitating all pathological tests.
2) Superspecialty hospitals and medical colleges shall be established in phased manner in all the districts.
3) We shall provide health insurance cover to every citizen of the state.
1) To attract new industries and investors in the state all possible concessions shall be extended and permission process shall be simplified.
2) To attract new investment in Information Technology sector necessary policy reforms shall be unveiled.
1) To solve the pending questions of the Scheduled Castes and Tribes, Dhangar. Other Backward Classes (OBCs), Balutadars, etc. so as not to deprive the common people of basic necessities of food, clothing, shelter. education, health and employment as enshrined in the Indian Constitution.
2) The Government shall adopt various schemes to eliminate the social, educational and economic backwardness of the minority community and implement Constitutional safeguards for its security welfare in letter and spirit.